My Gallery of Designs

Friday, January 8, 2010

Why I Create





A few years ago I stumbled upon a website called CafeMom.com.  I joined and really like the site.  After a while I found the tags, siggies, or whatever you want to call them.  I call them tags.  (Maybe I should come up with my own name for them?!)  I started to collect them because I have always collected things with my name on them.  Then I wanted to learn how to make them myself.  I taught myself quite a bit, asked questions for things I didn't know and researched a little.  I started out using free programs like imikimi.com and paint.net.  I really wanted my own program to use that had more options though.  I tried Adobe Photo Shop and it was ok, but I didn't care for it that much.  Then I bought Paint Shop Pro and I love it.


I started out creating mostly to make my own ideas for myself.  Then I started to think about what a great way it would be to spread The Word of Jesus and His love.  A lot of my tags were Christian themed.  I joined groups and was designing for 6 different groups at one time.  That was too much tho, I soon slimmed it down.  Now I design for 2 groups but am thinking about closing my CafeMom account and just designing for myself and friends on here and facebook.

Creating is also something relaxing that I can do.  I love to create for my friends.  It makes me smile when they use my creations.  



Here are a few of my favorites that I have made for myself.  I have MANY more that I like but it would take me forever to post them here.  I will have to set up a slide show or two.




 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower. Love to have you stop by: http://dimes2vines.com and follow by twitter, facebook, email or rss.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a special request, feel free to do so! Please leave me a way to contact you, email, blog, etc. I love to read your comments! Have a blessed day!